By Katelyn Bernard
The old saying goes “water water everywhere…” But in truth we need more than a “drop to drink” for our health!
Most of us are too busy slaving away at the office, factory, shop job or running round after little ones to realise that if we don’t drink enough…and no not not that drink! We are seriously neglecting our health.
The average daily requirement for water is 2-3 litres. Water makes up about two thirds of our bodies.
It is the perfect time of year to start drinking plenty of water. So don’t put it on hold. You will feel the benefits throughout the day.
Here 5 reasons why you need to drink H20.
1. Weight loss. Anyone looking to lose weight should start drinking water. Water helps us eat less by making us feel full.
2. Flushes out toxins. It gets rid of waste through sweat and urination, which reduces the risk of kidney stones and UTIS.
3. Improves mood. Drinking water makes us feel so refreshed that it improves our state of mind. Even mild dehydration shows to negatively impact moods.
4. Improves skin complexion. It moisturises your skin, keeps it glowing soft and smooth and more importantly gets rid of wrinkles. It is the best anti-ageing treatment around.
5. Helps joints and muscles. It prevents cramps and strain. Hydration helps keep joints lubricated and muscle more elastic so joint pain is less likely.
So get in to the habit of bringing a bottle of water to work, university and packing it for the kids’ lunch.
Drink 30 minutes before a meal and add a squeeze of lemon to spice up the taste buds.
The most beneficial reason to drink water is it relieves fatigue, it helps you think, focus and concentrate better and your energy levels will be boosted.